The Hot Springs Victorian Inn was built in 1899 by Dr. Henry S. Pole, a well known physician in Bath County, Virginia. He named the home “Ilahee” which translates to “high Victorian house” with an unusual exuberance of details and elements. The irregular plan is typical, however the main stairwell has several landings and runs in several diﬀerent directions. The house has unusual projections, turrets, bay windows, and a veranda which extends around most of the house. The interior has been somewhat altered, although six of the eight fireplace mantels remain.